Following the suspension of our Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC), New Drugs Committee (NDC) and Patient and Clinician Engagement (PACE) meetings due to the need to support NHSScotland in the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are pleased to announce:
- New Drugs Committee (NDC) meetings resumed at the end of June 2020, followed by Patient and Clinician Engagement (PACE) meetings early July 2020.
- SMC meetings are expected to resume from August 2020.
- There will be a phased approach to resuming business.
- The first phase will involve decisions being taken on submissions in process at the time meetings were suspended, with some of these being ‘fast tracked to advice’ after review by the SMC Executive.
- The second phase will be an interim period during which the SMC executive will agree on specific submissions to be requested from companies (based on whether other similar medicines are available to treat the relevant condition).
Please contact our team at email@example.com if you have any queries.